CHOOSE YOUR DRINK
HOW MUCH DO YOU WEIGH?
GIRL OR GUY?

Created by Bar Stools

19 April 2007

BBQ in NYC

I know it is hard to believe, but there is real Pit BBQ in downtown Manhattan. Just a block from Times Sqaure is "Virgil's BBQ". It is actually good 'Q', but with an atttitude (different from the ATL attitude). It is a little pricey by southern standards, but we do pay more for NYC (or Chicago for that matter) style pizza down our way.
Wonder what a good bowl of yellow corn grits would cost around here if I could find it???
Anyway, I sure feel like a foriegner here, cause there are not too many people who speak English on the street.

3 comments:

Tim said...

There are places in NYC where you can get Grits, and not just yellow corn (Italians cal it polenta)

TaraB said...

Polenta = grits
Grits = polenta.

My spiritual guide Alton Brown said so.

Iceman said...

IS that like rosotto is rice soup too??
okay now... I think I have it:

Polent= grits

rosotto = rice soup

red wine= MD 20/20

fiat = Dodge Charger

vespa = ATV

Pasta = hamburger helper

gelato = good humor

capuccino = yahoo

Gina Lolabrigida = Daisy Duke