CHOOSE YOUR DRINK
HOW MUCH DO YOU WEIGH?
GIRL OR GUY?

Created by Bar Stools

05 October 2007

Signs of the Apocalypse

(KSDK) - Parents call it a prank that went too far – a high school student ran for homecoming queen and won. The controversy: the queen is a male student.

Aaron Zaggy, a senior, ran for 2007 Homecoming Queen at University City High School and won. The idea, he said, came from a good friend.

"We just slapped up some posters and did it. And won," Zaggy said.

Zaggy thought it would end there. It didn’t.

"I didn't run but my best friend ran. And she was really mad, she was upset,” Jasmine Anderson, a senior, said.

Zaggy received permission from the University City School Board to run as Homecoming Queen. Voting was open to the entire high school, but only half the student body cast ballots. Zaggy beat the first runner up by nearly 20 votes.

One week after he was crowned, some parents are now sounding off. A crowd packed the room where the Board of Education met Thursday night.

"A queen is a female. A woman. A girl," one person said.

"I would really like to see a formal apology," another parent said.

Some of those speaking out said the issue raises concerns over the school’s handling of students’ sexual orientation. Zaggy, who has a girlfriend, said if anything; he should be classified as a jokester, and nothing else.

"Homecoming is about fun. So why not keep it for fun purposes?" he asked.

Aaron’s mother spoke out in defense of her son, saying she was ashamed and disappointed in those who condemned her son.

The University City School Board said it will review qualifications currently in place for homecoming and prom court.

Aaron Zaggy said if he had to do it all over again, he probably would have not run for Homecoming Queen. He said he didn’t intend on creating a controversy.

8 comments:

Iceman said...

No wonder the Muslims want to eradicate us!!

Tim said...

and about time, too

Iceman said...

Sorry to leave you stranded the other night. As it turns out , I got stuck there 'till after 1:00am (I switched to water)...but I think the plan is slowly being furthered along.

Tim said...

No problem at all. I know inner sanctum stuff is important.

Will the bowman stuff work out

I interviewed a hacker last night

i did not give away any of the plan, but this might be the gamer whiz i need to hack to console

Iceman said...

Dude,
I knew you couldn't pass up a challenge.
Not sure when the ol' coach returns from the sandbox.
I've been prepping the "I.S." master on how to bring up the lack of strength to the Chief.
I'll be at the game Thursday Night, 'cause I promised the two guys there that I wouldn't miss it. You going???? B vs L

As far as the plan.....I got the motor on idle, just waiting for more of the ingredients to be added.

Iceman said...

Check out this website. I googled "Inner Sanctum" and this is what I came up with.

http://www.innersanctum.uk.com/

Tim said...

was planning on being there

Tim said...

you should have put NSFW on the inner sanctum address!